Thursday, January 3, 2008

Lit X...quickly...a preprewrite?

A quick thought about focusing my Lit X topic:
Reading stories from "The Mind's I" has taught me a ton about the Mind-Body Problem, and I have begun to realize how gigantic the problem is.

In large part due to "Godel Escher Bach," I have decided to focus on how the Mind-Body Problem is affected/viewed in terms of self-reference.

Also reading "The Mind's I" has triggered another thought that could really determine what I work towards in my Lit X paper. I would like to know how God, a belief in God, or atheism, for that matter, changes a personal view on the mind-body problem. Of particular interest is the story from The Mind's I "Is God a Taoist." It is an excellent, witty dialogue that came closer to my true beliefs in God than I would have thought. Google it and read it if interested.

I do have quotes for these ideas; I will add them when I have the books, perhaps in a Lit X prewrite.

IN any case, I don't have much time now, I just wanted to put these thoughts down.

No comments: